The tangy infusion was inspired by a combination of Indian, Egyptian, and Costa Rican wisdom for soothing the common cold. Make a pot in the morning when you are not feeling well and drink throughout the day, reheating by the mugful as needed.
- ¼ cup honey, or to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger root
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 ½ cups boiling water
Below is the procedure of making the Kenyan "DAWA"
- Boil ginger water and squeeze some lemon into it in a teapot or 4-cup glass measuring beaker with spout.
- Add honey to taste and stir well until honey is dissolved
- Cover and let steep for 5 minutes.
- The ginger should sink to the bottom, but may be strained out while pouring into mug.
- Take while warm. While ginger is an antioxidant,the vitamin C present in lemon removes mucus and provides relief in pain.
Stay hydrated and give your immune system a gentle boost with this naturally soothing, anti-inflammatory Honey & Ginger Warm Lemon Water that can help to aid in digestion, improve the appearance of your skin, and help you get back to feeling your best quickly.